Apply for the UNESCO Internship Programme 2022/2023 for young graduates if you intend to pursue a career in the fields of education, science, or culture. This program aims to improve academic knowledge by pairing it with work assignments that can aid graduates in getting ready for their future careers.
The chosen applicant will have the chance to work in one of UNESCO’s priority areas, and the internship will aid in their understanding of the Organization’s mission, programs, and key initiatives.
Type of Program: Graduate Internship
Various program locations
Time Frame: 2 to 6 months
Several slots are open.
Basic Requirements: Students and Graduates of Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD Programs
Nationality: Every Nation
UNESCO Internship Programme 2022/2023 | What to Know
UNESCO is an organization founded on the basis of a partnership approach between the staff member, the manager and the Organization, with staff members encouraged to take the approaches to developing their careers. Individuals aiming to pursue a career in areas of science, culture, or education are encouraged to apply for the UNESCO internship to develop their skills and learn how to apply their knowledge in relevant work assignments.
To be considered for the UNESCO Internship Programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age: You must be at least 20 years old to apply.
- Academic qualifications:
At the time of your application to the internship programme:
- You are currently enrolled in a graduate programme (Master’s degree, PhD, or equivalent, second university degree or higher).
- You have recently graduated with a Master’s degree or PhD (or second degree as defined above), 12 months prior to the start of the internship.
- Languages: You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French. A working knowledge of the other language (English or French) is an asset, and may be required for internships in secretarial and assistantship assignments at the Headquarters.
- Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
- Team player: You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
- Communication skills:
You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
You might be interested in the L’Oréal-UNESCO Young Talents for Women in Science Program 2021–2022.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should go ahead and submit an online application for the UNESCO Internship Programme 2022/2023. Candidates must get ready to do the following:
be able to acquire any required visas.
Must be able to plan and fund their journey to the internship location.
Show documentation of a comprehensive health insurance plan that is valid in the nation where the internship will be completed. Only a medical certificate with a restricted insurance policy up to USD 30,000 will be provided by UNESCO.
Application Deadline for ID, Certificate of Enrollment, and Diploma: Not Specified