University of Bayelsa students panic as fire breaks out

An early morning fire in a hostel at Bayelsa State Medical University, BMU, on Mgbi Road in Yenagoa, the state capital, caused widespread alarm on campus on Wednesday.

The fire broke out in the university’s women’s dorm at 6:40 a.m., and it is believed that an electric spark from a student’s clothes iron was to blame.

According to information obtained by KURYALOADED, the sounding of the fire alarm sent students scrambling for safety and caused others to hastily remove belongings from the hostel.

According to reports, firefighters from both the federal and state fire departments arrived at the scene quickly and contained the blaze before it could spread to adjacent apartments.

Prof. Ebitimitula Etebu, the university’s vice chancellor, and Prince Diete-Spiff, its chief security officer, both praised the quick response of the fire departments.

No one was hurt, but all of their personal possessions in the room were destroyed, including clothing and important documents.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Sorry You need to turn off your adblocker to browse on this blog please